- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Swiss chard, stems and ribs removed, leaves washed well and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock – I would go a little easier on the stock; my taco filling was a bit runny.
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 white-corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup soft goat cheese, crumbled (2 ounces)
- 8 cilantro sprigs
- Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium heat. Cook onions until soft, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in chard, beans, and stock. Cook until greens are wilted and beans are warmed through, about 4 minutes. Season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and some pepper.
- Using tongs, hold each tortilla directly over a gas flame, turning, until heated through, about 5 seconds. (Alternatively, wrap tortillas in foil, and warm in a 350-degree oven.) Spoon filling onto tortillas. Top with cheese and cilantro.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, divided
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Peel and cube avocados. In a small bowl, mash 1/4 cup avocado. Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients. Refrigerate sauce until serving.